Join actor Greg Grunberg and a galaxy of stars for the live broadcast of END EPILEPSY ® Live! – from Hollywood, Los Angeles on Saturday 9th November
- When: Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Time : 22:00 GMT to 2AM ( 2:00-6:00 p.m. PST *USA )
- Where: Broadcast live from Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
- Watch LIVE on YOUTUBE HERE : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lL6oy40LY0
- Also Streamed Live online at: epilepsy.com/live, talkaboutit.org, and CBSlocal.com/EndEpilepsy
- Why: To raise awareness and funds to support the more than 3.4 million people in the United States, and 66 Million people around the Earth, living with Epilepsy, Seizures and other connected conditions such as Autism and genetic syndromes.
How to DONATE to the END EPILEPSY event
You can Donate to the “END EPILEPSY Live!” here : https://donate.epilepsy.com/donate
All funding goes directly to the Epilepsy Foundation of America, and on to local chapters to help local patients and families in the USA with support of all kinds.
About the Event
“END EPILEPSY Live!” will be hosted by Epilepsy Foundation spokesperson and celebrity Greg Grunberg (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “Alias,” and “Heroes”). Greg’s son Jake, is living with epilepsy, so ending epilepsy, and the challenges that come with it, is personal for Greg and his family.
It’s what motivated him to start the website and podcast “Talk About It!“
On Saturday November 9th, he is gathering his celebrity friends, actors, great bands and other special guests to create a fun, fundraising, live webcast event, where you will be entertained as well as be educated and learn about epilepsy and seizures.
A message from actor and host Greg Grunberg about the END EPILEPSY Live webcast
Sam Downie, from the Bristol Epilepsy Support Group and Actor with Epilepsy, has already filmed a short film piece to camera for the event – where Sam talks about how he as an actor lives with Epilepsy and Autism, and how seizures have impacted his life, as a working Actor, Character Actor and Voice, Presenter and BAFTA nominated Filmmaker – so join the live webcast and look out for Sam’s appearance amongst the “galaxy of stars” joining Greg and friends in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
A message from film director JJ Abrams
Hollywood director, JJ Abrams wants you to talk about Epilepsy. He want’s the film and tv industry to talk about seizures, he want’s YOU to know what to do ! But, can you spread and share his message ?
Are YOU either : #TeamTrek Or #TeamWars
As one of a few actors who is recognisable (with no heavy make-up) in the recent “Stars Wars” and “Star Trek” movie franchises, Greg Grunberg has a question for YOU – Are you #TeamTrek or #TeamWars? Here’s what to do, and how you can take part:
- Take a photo or do a short video clip of yourself
- Post photo or video of you, on Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtags #TeamTrek or #TeamWars.
- In your video or photo, say why you picked your team hashtag.
- Also add the hashtag #EndEpilepsyLIVE to your Twitter or Instagram post.
- and.. post the tweet or post and make sure it’s shared to raise awareness about Epilepsy and seizures
Mention #TeamWars or #TeamTrek and #EndEpilepsyLIVE on Twitter / Instagram , and Greg Grunberg and team, might give you a shout out during the live broadcast as well as on his Twitter ( follow @GregGrunberg ) and we might play your selfie video on #EndEpilepsyLIVE too.
Even stars from Star Trek support the END EPILEPSY Live webcast
Here’s actors LeVar Burton (Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge – ST-TNG) ( and Brent Spiner (Commander Data – ST-TNG ), talking about Epilepsy.
Show Your Support
Our mission is to lead the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives.
We connect people to treatment, support and resources; lead advocacy efforts and fight discrimination; fund innovative research and the training of specialists; and educate the public about epilepsy and seizure first aid.
Join The Conversation On Social Media With Hashtag #EndEpilepsyLIVE
Celebrities And Special Guests Asked To Appear
- Jim Abrahams*
- JJ Abrams*
- Tom Arnold*
- Band From TV
- Alexi Blue
- Lombardo Boyar*
- Brian Brushwood
- Buppy and the Uplifters
- LaVar Burton*
- Sarah Wayne Callies*
- Michael Chiklis*
- Jack Coleman*
- Liam Cunningham*
- Ethan Embry*
- Nathan Fillion*
- Jorge Garcia*
- Jeff Garlin*
- Ian Gomez*
- Christopher Gorham*
- Scott Grimes*
- Bob Guiney*
- Bob Harper*
- Sean Hayes*
- Jon Heder*
- Bianca Kajlich*
- Clare Kramer*
- Zachary Levi*
- Louden Swain with Rob Benedict*
- Jane Lynch*
- Sunny Mabrey*
- Jason Manns*
- Nick Marzock
- Jason Charles Miller*
- James “Murr” Murray* and the guys from Impractical Jokers
- Jason O’Mara*
- Paper Jackets
- Adrian Pasdar*
- Jessie Payo*
- Rob Prior*
- Mary Lynn Rajskub*
- Michael Rosebaum
- Adam Savage*
- Brad Savage*
- Kevin Smith*
- Jesse Spencer*
- Brent Spiner*
- Stadium with
- Randy Cooke of Five for Fighting and Smash Mouth on drums
- Garry Beers of INXS on bass
- Michael Farrell who played with Morrisey and Alanis Morrisette on guitar
- Alain Whyte who played with Chris Brown and Morrisey on keyboards
- Jimmy Khoury who played with Beth Hart and Wilson Phillips on guitar
- Toby Rand who played with Juke Kartel and was a Rockstar: Supernova runner up on vocals
- Station Breaks with Rob Benedict*
- Ninet Tayeb
- Derek Theler*
- Christopher Titus*
- Milo Ventimiglia*
- Bryce Vine
- Dave Wakeling of The English Beat
- Trevor Wesley
- Ricky Whittle*
- And more!
* Link to IMBb profile
According to the World Health Organization, epilepsy is the most common serious brain disorder worldwide with no age, racial, social class, national or geographic boundaries. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) estimates that 3.4 million people in the United States are affected by epilepsy. It is the underlying tendency of the brain to produce seizures which are sudden abnormal bursts of electrical energy that disrupt brain functions.
About The Epilepsy Foundation
With a network of nearly 50 partners throughout the United States, the Epilepsy Foundation is leading the fight to END EPILEPSY. For more than five decades, the Epilepsy Foundation has shone a light on epilepsy to promote awareness and understanding, and to advocate for laws that matter to people with epilepsy, while also funding $68.7 million for epilepsy research and supporting 3,091 epilepsy investigators and specialists in their early careers. Over the past 18 years, in partnership with the CDC, the Epilepsy Foundation has helped to improve access to care for people with epilepsy, expanded its digital reach and online resources in homes across the country, and trained more than 500,000 school and community personnel in how to recognize seizures and administer seizure first aid. The Foundation has also assisted more than 123,470 people through its 24/7 Helpline in the past five years, and continues to focus on innovation, new therapies, community services, advocacy and education as key priorities. To learn more visit epilepsy.com or call 1.800.332.1000. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Authored By: Epilepsy Foundation Communications Team . October 2019