Bristol Epilepsy is a social support group that offers support to people and their families whose lives are affected by Epilepsy and Seizures.
Our meetings are somewhere to chat in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s a chance to get together each month to socialise and discuss how living with Epilepsy and Seizures affects us.
Here’s the Latest News and Updates from Bristol Epilepsy :
- Group Meeting Dates from January to April 2019
- Facebook Live – January 16th 2019 : “A Mind Unraveled” with Kurt Eichenwald
- PODCAST: Episode 4 – EPILEPSY AND WOMEN
- Notes for Meeting: 2nd October 2018
- Fundraising Gig for Epilepsy in Bristol – Aug 10, 2018
- Take Part In Epilepsy Research ! – at Exeter University
- Epilepsy Foundation Pipeline Conference 2018
- #EpilepsyDay 2018
- Blue Badge Gov Consultation 2018
- Sarah’s Epilepsy Fundraising Story
We talk about Awareness, Stigma, Medications (AEDs), Welfare and other subjects. We invite specialists in Epilepsy/Seizures and other Neurological Conditions – professionals in the field of Healthcare and Academics to come and talk at our monthly meetings. In each of their case the speaker’s aim is to share their experience and knowledge, to help face the challenges that epilepsy can create.
Epilepsy is a very common neurological disorder – that’s 1 in 100 people in the UK, 1 in 25 people in the USA – figures that make the amount of people affected by Epilepsy worldwide is over 65+ Million People (that’s more than HIV !) who will have a seizure in their lifetime.
Epilepsy affects people of all ages, Children and Adults alike. March the 26th of each year is known as ‘Purple Day’ and is celebrated around the world. But why Purple ? Purple / Lavender is the awareness colour for Epilepsy.
All our meetings are open for Children, Young Adults, Adults, and Family’s. The venue is Disability Friendly and is Accessible.
The meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of the month. Please check the CALENDAR for dates and times of our next meeting.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK :